Erin Malley dances and teaches with her husband Doruk Gölcü. Partners since 2004, they have taught and performed in Istanbul, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, and San Francisco.
Current Class Schedule (as of 6/14/14)
Tango Essentials class at La Pista in San Francisco.
- Fridays 7:30-8:30pm class,
- 8:30-10:30pm La Práctica Bailarina
- $10 for class and practica. $5 for practica only.
Every 1st, 2nd & 3rd Friday of the month!
768 Brannan Street, at 7th Street, SOMA
NEW! VALS WORKSHOP: Sunday October 12th - 2-5pm at La Pista
Intro to Vals 2-3pm
Erin & Doruk's Favorite Vals Sequences 3:15-5pm
- First class $15
- Second class $25
- Both classes $30
Special events & guest classes around the Bay Area:
- Guest instructors at La Practica Positiva in Oakland, Mondays August 25, 8-9pm. Practica from 9-11pm.
- Erin performs as a guest artist with Tango Con*Fusion Saturday August 30 at the Lady's Tango Festival featuring Johanna Copes
- Erin will be assistant teaching with Johana Copes at the Lady's Tango Festival: Saturday August 30th, 2:45-4:00pm "Turns with Adornments"
- Erin will be assistant teaching with Debbie Goodwin at the Lady's Tango Festival: Sunday August 31st, 2:45-4:00pm "Palace of Fine Arts." Some leading experience is needed. Festival passes, workshop tickets, and performance tickets HERE.
- Guest instructors at The Beat in Berkeley. Thursday, September 18th. Intro level 8pm, Intermediate 9pm.
- Erin & Doruk will perform new choreography at Cellspace, Wednesday September 24th.
- VALS MUSICALITY WORKSHOP, Sunday, October 12, 2-5pm at La Pista. See above for details
Erin and Doruk are both available for private lessons, private group classes, and performances at private functions. Contact Erin for more information and rates by clicking on the "Connect with me" tab to your left.
Awards and Honors:
- Full-scholarship recipients to Nora's Tango Week 2013
- Semi-finalists in the 2013 ATUSA Competition
We have taught and/or performed at:
- La Pista SF
- Cellspace SF
- Stanford University
- The Beat Berkeley
- Alma Del Tango, San Anselmo
- La Práctica Positiva, Oakland
- Tango Switchcamp SF
- Queertango events in Berkeley
- Twinspace SF
- SF Queertango Festival
- Baila Tango NYC & Istanbul
- Metronome / Milonga Azul SF
- Bailonga SF
- Caffe Trieste SF
- Empire Dance NYC
- South Street Seaport NYC
- Central Park Milonga NYC
- Sweet Inspiration Tango SF
- Oakland International High School
Erin began studying tango to complement her extensive training in contemporary dance and classical ballet, and broaden her skills as a professional choreographer. She studied in New York with Metin Yazir, Jak Karako, Maria Jose and Vanessa Gauch; on the west coast with Pampa Cortes, Gustavo Naveira y Giselle Anne, Ariadna Naveira y Fernando Sanchez, Guillermo Cerneaz y Marina Kenny. She is currently a guest artist with the San Francisco women's company Tango Con*Fusion. An experienced leader and follower, Erin uses her thorough knowledge of anatomy and biomechanics to create and teach beautiful and seemingly effortless tango.
Doruk has started dancing tango in Ankara, Turkey. After moving to the US, he extensively studied with Jak Karako, Metin Yazir, and Vanessa Gauch. He also considers Pampa Cortes, Gustavo Naveira, Giselle Anne, Ariadna Naveira, Fernando Sanchez, and Guillermo Cerneaz his teachers and inspirations. He has danced and taught extensively on both coasts of the US. His dancing is characterized by rhythmic musicality, strong connection to the partner, and creative vocabulary; his teaching focuses on clarity of lead, and structural understanding of the dance.