Erin Malley dances and teaches with her husband Doruk Gölcü. Partners since 2004, they have taught and performed in Istanbul, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, and San Francisco.
Current Class Schedule (as of 11/7/14)
Tango Essentials class at La Pista in San Francisco.
- Fridays 7:30-8:30pm class,
- 8:30-10:30pm La Práctica Bailarina
- $10 for class and practica. $5 for practica only.
Every 1st, 2nd & 3rd Friday of the month!
768 Brannan Street, at 7th Street, SOMA
Special events & guest classes around the Bay Area:
- Teaching and performing at La Milonga de San Anselmo - Friday November 28
- Performing in PICHUCO: special tango & film event - Friday December 5 & Saturday December 6
Erin and Doruk are both available for private lessons, private group classes, and performances at private functions. Contact Erin for more information and rates by clicking on the "Connect with me" tab to your left.
Awards and Honors:
- Full-scholarship recipients to Nora's Tango Week 2013
- Semi-finalists in the 2013 ATUSA Competition
We have taught and/or performed at:
- La Pista SF
- Cellspace SF
- Stanford University
- The Beat Berkeley
- Alma Del Tango, San Anselmo
- La Práctica Positiva, Oakland
- Milonga La Rusa, SF
- Tango Switchcamp SF
- Queertango events in Berkeley
- Twinspace SF
- SF Queertango Festival
- Baila Tango NYC & Istanbul
- Metronome / Milonga Azul SF
- Bailonga SF
- Caffe Trieste SF
- Empire Dance NYC
- South Street Seaport NYC
- Central Park Milonga NYC
- Sweet Inspiration Tango SF
- Oakland International High School
- Urban School SF
Erin began studying tango to complement her extensive training in contemporary dance and classical ballet, and broaden her skills as a professional choreographer. She studied in New York with Metin Yazir, Jak Karako, Maria Jose and Vanessa Gauch; on the west coast with Pampa Cortes, Gustavo Naveira y Giselle Anne, Ariadna Naveira y Fernando Sanchez, Guillermo Cerneaz y Marina Kenny. She is currently a member of the San Francisco women's company Tango Con*Fusion, and of Debbie Goodwin Dance Company. An experienced leader and follower, Erin uses her thorough knowledge of anatomy and biomechanics to create and teach beautiful and seemingly effortless tango.
Doruk has started dancing tango in Ankara, Turkey. After moving to the US, he extensively studied with Jak Karako, Metin Yazir, and Vanessa Gauch. He also considers Pampa Cortes, Gustavo Naveira, Giselle Anne, Ariadna Naveira, Fernando Sanchez, and Guillermo Cerneaz his teachers and inspirations. He has danced and taught extensively on both coasts of the US. His dancing is characterized by rhythmic musicality, strong connection to the partner, and creative vocabulary; his teaching focuses on clarity of lead, and structural understanding of the dance. Doruk is also a member of Debbie Goodwin Dance Company.